Under the heading "Mercuri Research Brief", one of our analysts compiles research and data on relevant and current topics in sales, marketing, and management. The compilations are short and concentrated to update you and your organization in a short time on the latest findings in various areas.
Ph.D. Markus Ejenäs summarizes the research situation on strategic sales management. Most sales managers face several challenges:
* Handle customers who buy in different ways and in different channels
* Balance inside and field sales
* Integrate sales and marketing
* Build a sales process and support it with IT systems
* Steer and motivate sales reps
* Recruit and upskill sales reps
* Create a strong sales culture
Our research shows that sales managers who make long-term decisions, do things in the right order and work in a structured way perform better. In this brief, you will get an overview of our model for strategic sales management, and how it can help you structure and prioritize your management work.